The Finance Department, under guidance from the Finance Director, provides a host of services related to finance including but not limited to:
- Monthly Bank Account & Fund Balance Reporting
- Monthly Budget to Actual Reporting
- Annual Audit Facilitation
- Accounts Payable & Receivable Oversight
- Assist the City Manager in Budget Preparation
In Addition, the Finance Director provides Department Heads with monthly updates on all expenditures and revenues being monitored for budget irregularities, while providing necessary reports regarding the City’s overall financial health. Management of the City’s cash resources by the Finance Director ensures a maximum return on the assets and funds of Cambridge.
Our Annual Budget earmarks the financial needs and resources of the City’s approaching fiscal year. Capital Expenditures, Capital Improvements as well as City Expenditures & City revenues information are all apart of this report.